This article accompanies The Architecture of Change.
* CIO.com's Dynamic Markets Survey reports 62 percent of IT projects fail to meet their schedules and 25 percent get cancelled before completion.
* A Dun & Bradstreet 2007 study noted that 25 percent of all outsourcing fails completely and over 50 percent of all outsourcing deals do not deliver any substantive benefit at all.
* An Implementation Management Associates study showed that 70 percent of companies are unsuccessful implementing reengineering programs and 75 percent of cultural change initiatives do not achieve the required change in organization culture.
* PricewaterhouseCoopers survey on Current Program and Project Management Practices found that 50 percent of all change initiatives fail and only 2.5 percent of the companies surveyed completed 100 percent of their projects on time and within budget, and
* Gartner's industry analysts report a staggering 55 percent to 70 percent of customer relationship management projects fail to meet their objectives.